Some interesting notes:
- Driving in Cambodia is much more aggressive in the country than in the city. I think we honked at every car or motorbike we saw and then proceeded to pass them as fast as possible!
- One night our main course consisted of a plate of shrimps and a plate of crabs, heads, shells and all. Those of you who know me will know that I don't do well with food that has eyes! So Dylan popped the heads off most of the shrimp (although I did one myself!) while I attacked the crab. Man those things are hard to eat!
- We found out that coconuts are super heavy. Guesstimating around 8 pounds. Those would seriously hurt you if they fell on you from a tree.
- The resident dog, Tonek, was a terrible beggar! He would come and stand on his hind legs by our table for minutes at a time waiting for us to give him some scraps. And he'd growl if we didn't "pay" him for his effort!
- Since we were the only guests we really got VIP treatment - whenever we went on an excursion in a boat, we would be picked up and dropped off right at the steps of our cabin. Door to door boat service!
- One of our excursions was a mountain trek. The only thing was we couldn't ell when we reached the top of the mountain! The trees were so dense we couldn't see more than ten feet away in any direction, so no spectacular view at the top. Still a cool experience though, ducking under bamboo and watching our guide hack off hanging branches with his machete as we went!